Welcome to Project “Peace of Happiness”!
Have you ever felt so strongly about something that you just had to pursue it, whatever the outcome?
Well, that’s why I have just started “Project Peace of Happiness” (May 2018)
This project aims to spread colorful “peaces of happiness” (urban crochet) throughout the world, in order to:
1. put a smile on people’s faces and brighten up their day, but more importantly….
2. create awareness for children who have had to flee their homes and are staying in refugee camps all over the world.
As a former projectleader for refugee children in Leiden (NL), social psychologist and artist, my ultimate goal is to go to Lesvos in order to offer refugee children art-(materials), music and other means of expression in order to enable them to be a kid again!
Every spare moment of my time, I am creating colorful urban crochet pieces and I am currently in the proces of placing them in my neighborhood, my town and actually everywhere I (will) travel. So far there are “peaces” of happiness hanging in Leiden, Oisterwijk (NL), Antwerp and Crete.
For more photo’s, latest developments and background information on my initiative:
Join my Facebook page or visit the blog on this site
See my posts on Instagram :@ProjectPeaceOfHappiness
You can help colour this world!
- follow me on Instagram @ProjectPeaceOfHappiness
- like and share my posts
- create your own “peace of happiness” or see my free patterns here.
- post the photo’s of your crochet work (hanging in a public place) via #projectpeaceofhappiness or if you’re not on Instagram, email me the photo of your crochet piece(s) and I will post them on my website and Instagram account for you.
or make more with friends, hang it up in your neighborhood, take a picture and post it on #projectpeaceofhappiness
Wouldn’t it be great if there were Peaces of Happiness hanging in public places all over the world?
Brighten up this world and share a Peace of Happiness!
For idea’s, suggestions, collaborations, donations, sponsorship…..etc. please contact me: Gemma Steemers at email@example.com
Want to know more about ME? Check THIS LINK